After 3 years of intensive work, the LEVITATE partners are looking forward to sharing the results achieved and the tools developed to assess the potential societal impacts of connected and automated vehicles (CAVs) on the mobility system and wider livability goals, including safety, the environment, the economy and society.
The LEVITATE impact assessment framework has been turned into a user-friendly and interactive online tool, called the policy support tool (PST). PST allows users, particularly local authorities, to forecast the potential impacts of increasing levels of vehicle automation and penetration, as well as to calculate the effects of implementing policy interventions such as road pricing, the removal of on-street parking or implementing an automated vehicle dedicated lane.
Participants will learn about many areas of the project, such as:
- which impact areas have been selected and why
- the assumptions behind the expected impacts
- the range of methods for gathering input about the expected impacts
- the definition of policy interventions to steer the deployment of automated vehicles
- the expected automated vehicle use cases
- the policy implications of CAVs
There will also be a demonstration of the PST and an opportunity for participants to try out the tool.
More information can be found on levitate-project.eu »
LEVITATE has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 824361.