A substantial part of our research is carried out within an annual research programme agreed upon with the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management. SWOV also carries out research projects for provincial, regional and local governments and for other national and international clients. Generally, the research findings are published in a report and/or in a paper for a scientific journal.
A selection of our research published in 2020:
- Naar een algemene snelheidslimiet van 30 km/uur binnen de bebouwde kom?
- Verhoging snelheidslimiet op autosnelwegen
- Stelselherziening medische rijgeschiktheid
- Naar meer veiligheid voor oudere fietsers; Ongevallen, omstandigheden en mogelijke oplossingen
- De Staat van de Verkeersveiligheid 2020
A selection of scientific and professional journal papers published in 2020:
- The perception of bicycle crashes with and without motor vehicles: Which crash types do older and middle-aged cyclists fear most?
- Cyclists’ intentions to yield for automated cars at intersections when they have right of way: Results of an experiment using high-quality video animations
- Impaired driving due to alcohol or drugs: International differences and determinants based on E-Survey of Road Users' Attitudes first-wave results in 32 countries
- Does agreement mean accuracy? Evaluating glance annotation in naturalistic driving data
- Costs related to serious road injuries: a European perspective