On September 22, 2018, prof. Eric Asmussen, director at SWOV since the start in 1962 up to and including 1985, passed away. Mr. Asmussen meant a lot to the institute and SWOV will therefore always remember him with great appreciation and gratitude.
In 2018, no less than four researchers managed to obtain their PhD with research that was (partly) conducted within the SWOV programme. In addition, we had three more researchers in our ranks who were awarded a PhD for research started (and completed) elsewhere.
- PhD research SWOV:
- Dafne Piersma: Fitness to drive of older drivers with cognitive impairments
- Agnieszka Stelling: Cycling safe and sound
- Aries van Beinum: Turbulence in traffic at motorway ramps and its impact on traffic operations and safety
- Allert Knapper: The effects of using mobile phones and navigation systems during driving
- PhD students (non-SWOV research):
- Matin Nabavi: Cyclist behaviour and safety at discontinuities in the cycling network
- Kat Moore: The Spiders at the Center of the Web: Csde1 and Strap Control Translation in Erythropoiesis
- Silvia Varotto: Driver behaviour during control transitions between Adaptive Cruise Control and manual driving: Empirics and models
- Kenniscafé Rijden met beginnende dementie
- NVVC 2018
- Kennisdag Fietsveiligheidsonderzoek